Graduate Diploma of eLearning
A Course for the Times
Get in Touch
Face to Face (Melbourne) and Online
Online delivery is available for only domestic/resident students
Feb, Apr, Jul, Oct
Get in Touch
Course Description: Graduate Diploma of eLearning
Transforming education for the future
HELI’s Graduate Diploma in eLearning (GDeL) course is designed to form part of a portfolio of nested qualifications including the proposed Graduate Certificate of eLearning (GCeL) and provides an entry point into the currently accredited Heli Master of eLearning course.
The Graduate Diploma is a 12- month full-time or equivalent part-time course to provide graduates with the requisite eLearning knowledge, skills and understanding of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using and managing appropriate technology-based learning processes and resources. In this program, teaching and learning activities have been arranged to foster progressive and coherent achievement of expected course and subject learning outcomes regardless of a student’s place of study or their mode of study.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma of eLearning will be able to:
Subjects and Units
|Learning and Teaching^
|Learning in Professional Contexts^
|Design Thinking for eLearning^
|Developing eLearning Resources*
|Implementing eLearning Initiatives^
* subject offered online only
^ Subject offered online and face to face
|Total for Course
- The course comprises 8 core subjects.
- Students will normally complete HEP805 prior to taking HEP808 or any 900 level subjects
- Students must accrue a total of 32 credit points to be awarded the qualification.
- Domestic students may complete the course fully on-line or opt to undertake designated subjects (^) face-to-face at HELI’s Melbourne campus.
- Onshore international students (studying on a student visa) must study full-time face-to-face with the exception of the three designated (*) online subjects that are not offered face-to-face due to the intrinsically online nature of the subject content.
- Offshore international students will complete the course 100% online and may study full-time or part-time.
- Full-time students (including onshore international students) normally complete the course in 1 year over 4 Terms.
- Part-time students normally complete the course in 2 years over 8 Terms.
Students are normally expected to undertake the course in the sequence detailed in the table above.
Each subject is delivered over a study period of 10 weeks which includes 9 weeks of structured activities and 1 week for finalising and submitting assessments. Each subject has 4 hours of structured educator-directed activities per week and you should allow an average of 8 hours per week of self-directed activities for reading, additional study and preparing assessment tasks.
Details of subject aims, content and assessment tasks can be found via the subject code in the table above.
Holistic Approach to eLearning
Excellence in eLearning
Learning Design and Execution
Innovation in Learning and Education
The Graduate Diploma of eLearning has been accredited by TEQSA. The Higher Education Leadership Institute (HELI) is an institution of higher education aimed at serving targeted industry, higher education, and government education needs. Through its team of higher education experts and researchers, HELI currently delivers global best-practice specialist programs in elearning, higher education and research. In doing so, HELI seeks to develop employment outcomes for graduates in higher education and industry and to promote career advancement within these sectors. With an initial focus on elearning and now through education in research, HELI is committed to supporting the development of modern elearning and research skills across the economy. HELI’s selected programs are aimed at enhancing data-based decision-making and delivery of education and development programs across education and business sectors to meet today’s organisational development needs.
Applicants for this course must provide evidence that they hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent or higher) in any discipline(subject to verification).
This course also enables the students to proceed to Master of eLearning. HELI offers a pathway to Master of eLearning and an exceptional eLearning and digital experience with the combination of unique methodology, contemporary theory and industry practice.
Suitable for students who want to become online learning expert; if students have a teaching background, eLearning course can lead to the following jobs in the future:
- Business Manager
- Analytics Manager
- Business Coach
- Human Resource Manager
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Market Analyst
- Learning Designer
- eLearning Developer/Designer/Consultant
- Learning & Development Specialist/Adviser
- eLearning consultant
- Online education designer
- Digital learning officer
- Education developer
- Learning Architect
- Learning & Development Trainer/Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Educational Designer
- Educational Developer
- Learning Product Designer/Manager
- Educational Course Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist/Consultant
- Learning Strategist
- Digital Literacy and Development
- Educational Technologist
- Learning & Teaching Specialist
- Educational Product Designer/ Manager
- Learning Management System Manager
- eLearning consultant
- Educational Trainer
- Course Reviewer
HELI is committed to supporting higher education professionals by providing engaging, industry-leading qualifications that prepare you for success in your current position or future aspirations. Our team includes experts across a number of disciplines including teaching and learning technologies who can help guide your progress through this fast-paced field!
While the regulatory framework of Australia’s higher education sector is complex, our experts can help your institution navigate it with ease. We also provide strategic advice to prospective buyers and merger partners concerning any issues that may arise from this process.