Recently the CEO of ACPET, Rod Camm wrote:
“One of my other observations following the recent concerns is the need to lift the academic leadership and governance of the [VET] sector so that the balance of academic and commercial imperatives is better ensured.”
In light of these comments, last Tuesday HELI delivered its new webinar focused on why and how we might go about enhancing governance in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) as part of the ACPET Professional Development Framework.
There are a number of reasons why RTOs might want to enhance their governance structures:
- Enhanced governance requirements are coming in all regulatory frameworks;
- It will have a positive impact on various regulatory assessments (including VSL and state funding contracts);
- It will allow the owners to take a step back from the operations of their RTO and take on a more strategic role;
- It will allow the academic operations of the RTO to be overseen independently of commercial imperatives; and
- It will set an RTO up for a smoother transition to the higher education sector, if that is a strategic objective.
Once an RTO has determined that it would like to implement enhanced governance in their institution HELI can assist you to:
- Determine the right governance structure for your RTO
- Document your chosen governance structure
- Assist you to implement the governance structure
HELI specialises in advising tertiary education providers on bespoke governance frameworks for their institutions. If you would like to explore an enhanced governance structure for your RTO please contact us for a no obligation discussion.